We're full-term! She can officially come at ANY time now, sheesh louise!!!!! (Though, I am holding my breath that she is born in December and not November.) Why? Because I was born in December and I would love for our birthdays to both be in December :). I heart December babies.
Went to the doctor's office yesterday and cutie-patutsie is about 5.8 pounds. My mom says I was super tiny close to 5 pounds but not quite, and G's mom says he was around 6 or 7 pounds... can't remember exactly. Awwwww, my little baby is going to be so tiny!!! But, she has really grown! When she moves these days, she feels HUGE in my belly. She's still extremely active though. I told the doctor yeterday that she is still a very active baby and the doctor replied, "Oh, she's like you!" Ha! She's more like how I used to be. These days I am so tired...
Anyway, she's as snug as a little bug in there. They did a test to see if I was having contractions... cutie patutsie was sleep the entire time. It was kind of funny. I was thinking to myself, "Yep, mommy's little marathon sleeper! Get your rest baby, don't mind them." It was recommended that over the next few weeks to encourage her to come out I walk, squat, and actively clean around the house :). For some reason, this really made me laugh.
When I say I am so excited about having this little girl, it's such an understatement! I mean, I just can't WAIT to hold my tiny, precious, little angel close to me!!!! I'm already so protective of her. I'm becoming my mom. (Talk about a protective mother bear! You do not want to cross my mom when it comes to me and my brother... I seriously pity the person. seriously.)
My random thoughts...
- Purchase nursing bras, tanks, shirts, and a nursing cover.
- Purchase stuff for my hospital bag.
- Have hair rebraided.
- Pack the actual bag for the hospital... (It's not fully packed yet... we're getting there!)
- Create a list of 1st contacts (family and friends) for G to send the news when baby arrives!
- Purchase curtains for the baby's room.
- Create a map of the area for our moms to use when they arrive. Grocery stores, route from hospital to our home, etc. (This isn't really necessary, but would be a kind gesture...)
- Put up all of her clothes.
- Arrange her room exactly how it should be.
- Open up her new carrier box and figure out how to operate it, for the ride home!
- Cook... I haven't cooked anything except scrambled eggs and toast for the last 4 days.
- Clean my refrigerator and freezer.
2. I am amazed at my body right now. It is seriously handling its business in preparing to birth this child. I am so thankful and grateful that God has given me this chance to be a mother and experience pregnancy and my impending labor. Wow!
3. This kind of feels like we're on a gigantic rollercoaster that has been clicking along and is about to reach its peek.... I hate rollercoasters. I should really try to get a better visual in my mind.
4. Admittedly, I am super tired these days and I am pretty anxious. I keep giving it to God when I feel fear sneaking in and trying to take me over. I have a feeling as the time ticks away, my days will be filled with praying to the Lord about birthing my precious little girl.
5. This weekend is the 2nd class of our labor and delivery class. We're both looking forward to it, but I have to tell you, these days I don't like going out and being all over the place. I want to be home, warm, in my safe and cozy home. I don't want to be around a lot of people, I just want to be home with my G, snuggled up safe and warm. I'm really needy right now, so happy I have G. He's so sweet and has been so understanding with little kisses and hugs.
6. Tomorrow is Thursday, the Tokyo Pregnancy Group is meeting here at my home! I'm supposed to prepare something-- should probably re-read the e-mail before tomorrow :). The talk is on back pain. This is coming right on time because my back these days is a hurting!
7. My belly feels as if it's about to burst open!
I think I'm going to start a baby pool regarding her due date :). Should be a fun and distracting way to pass the time before her arrival!
Thanks for reading!