Yep, I'm down to the last tank that will fit over cutie-patutsie :). Everything else makes me look like one of the Fat Albert characters with too-little t-shirts. I still rock them at home though!
Here are a few random pregnancy thoughts for this week!
1. This morning I spoke with both of our moms, they made me feel so special. I am really looking forward to the two of them being here with us. Their excitement coupled with our excitement is just a blessing.
I'm looking forward to not only becoming a mommy, but also being taken care of by our mommies :). I've been teasing G about being surrounded by four women for most of December-- he says he's ready. Bless his heart! (Two moms, a wife, and a newborn baby girl) Bless him!
2. G has found his sense of pregnancy purpose in finding us the perfect stroller. I love his excitement and enthusiasm about it. I love him more and more as I continue to learn his personality. This entire pregnancy thing is so foreign to us both, especially him though. So, I am very happy to see his excitement build as my belly continues to grow. And, he's done an excellent job selecting our stroller, very happy he took charge of that. Seriously... I'm pretty decisive when it comes to stuff like that... in and out. Yep, this will do. Done. He's more analytical and takes his time with decisions. We're pretty opposite in that regard.
3. I've been avoiding visiting Akachan Hanpo (the big baby store here) because I don't like being overwhelmed with a lot of choices. Too many choices makes me want to walk away, fast. But, I need to purchase some nursing bras and tops, so I've decided I'm going, it's on my list of things to take care of before she arrives. (It's not in my calendar yet though... baby steps...)
My body temperature has changed drastically, it's unbelievable! I used to be the 'always cold' girl and now I'm the 'it's freakin' hot in here!' girl. Fun stuff. To track my walking time and distance I downloaded a wonderful app for my iPhone! It's wonderful, highly recommended. Here's a link: Walk GPS
5. I've been a bit on edge as of late. Don't know if it was the cold I'm recovering from, baby anxiety, or hunger, but ummmm, I've definitely had some moments of straight up attitude. Trying to keep that under control. (G and T+attitude... don't mix!)
6. I have gone from 44 kilos to 54 killos during my pregnancy and my doctor told me my weight gain has been nice and steady and things are fine. So, when the nurse weighed me during the last visit and told me to maintain my current weight, I frowned at her. (I served up some serious attitude...)
I mean really! I have five weeks to go and my baby is going to grow during those five weeks ma'm! How does that make any sense to you?
G says it was probably just a lost in translation type of thing because my doctor says I'll definitely put on a few more pounds before the baby comes and that's okay.
7. Baby girl is still very active, though her movements are becoming very big and squirmy :). It makes me think of a glow worm for some strange reason...
"It's getting crowded in there huh baby girl?" Plenty of space out here! Can't wait for you to join us!!!! I think I'm going to spend the first few days just looking at you and holding you! My little precious darlin' angel little cutie patutsie!! (Shaking my head... This is so serious! I am being so serious right now. I can't wait to hold my little girl!)
8. Speaking of... My mom recently sent me a box full of stuff for cutie-patutsie. Inside were so many cute little outfits!!! I swear I had tears in my eyes just imaginging her little tiny body in those cute little clothes! (eeeeeek!!!) My favorite was a cute little top and pant set that has a little kitty on butt and the top reads, "My mommy thinks I'm purrrrr-fect!" It's so true. I think she is. My mom knew I would love that one, when I called to thank her it was the first thing she asked me, "Did you see the 'my mommy thinks I'm purrrr-fect' one?" Ha!
9. I can tell, G is going to be a great dad. I can't wait to snap a photo of the two of them sleeping. I'm sure she's going to love curling up and sleeping on his chest! I'll be stalking them both with a camera.
Saturday we have our labor and delivery class and I just can't wait. It's from 10AM-4PM (yeah, all day with a lunch break in-between) but both of us are looking forward to it--- we admittedly have been pretty laid-back and have taken a relaxed approached up to this point, but as the big day draws near, we're both ready to get more serious about what to expect during labor and preparing properly. (Especially since I'm planning to labor at home as much as possible before going to the hospital.)
10. On my list of things to do:
- Purchase nursing bras, tanks, shirts, and a nursing cover.
- Create a list of 1st contacts (family and friends) for G to send the news when baby arrives!
- Purchase stuff for my hospital bag.
- Pack the actual bag for the hospital... My hospital asks that you bring a lot of stuff with you! But, understandable, as I will be there for at least 5-6 days after having her. (Nope, they don't push you out of the door here!)
- Purchase curtains for the baby's room and our bedroom.
- Create a map of the area for our moms to use when they arrive. Grocery stores, route from hospital to our home, etc.
- Put up all of her clothes.
- Open up her new carrier box and figure out how to operate it, for the ride home!
- Have hair rebraided.
Can't believe the time has really come!! In only two week, she will be full-term!!! I'm so proud of her!! Mama's baby is just growing!!!
Yep, I can see it now. I'm definitely going to be one of those "That's my baby!!!!"-yelling moms you see at schools, just embarrasing their children. Ha! I am becoming my mama!!!!
Though, whenever my mom did that, I thought it was funny, not embarrassing, just funny as heck!