I decided it was time to give SiT a much-needed makeover :), gotta keep it fresh (look and content-wise.) I'm trying my best to keep it fresh on the content-side of things, but that's pretty much always been my challenge with SiT.
So much to share regarding my absence since January! Where do I even begin?
1. G & I had our wedding on May 1, 2009 in Hawaii. It was a beautiful ceremony and we had family and friends come from all over to share in the occasion! It was a perfect day and a perfect week to connect with friends and family.
2. I'm coming up on three years at my company! That's unbelievable as well! Seems like I just joined the company a year ago. Fortunately, our company has not suffered like other recruiting companies here in Tokyo. We've lost several competitors! I'm even more excited about recruiting as a result of the competition dropping out. Good times are on the horizon!
3. Took a trip to Las Vegas earlier this month for a recruitment/executive search conference in effort to take my recruiting game to a new level. Since G and I are only familiar with the recruiting world of Japan, we thought it would be a good idea to explore the world of executive search in the US. It was a great conference (Fordyce Forum) and very insightful. I learned a lot and developed good contacts. It was my first time to Vegas and boy did I enjoy myself!
4. I've been helping to plan our 10-year class reunion. (sigh) It's quite challenging from Tokyo and you know, no one seems to care anyway. But isn't that always the case with class reunions?
5. Can't believe it but... I found myself looking at a calendar this morning, trying to figure out where a little G&T fits into the picture (joyful squeal)!! Not so fast, we're not expecting. If it's God's will, I would like to have a child before I'm 30.... It's creeping up on me, as I'll be 29 in December. Hence, the conversation with the calendar this morning.
Just where did the time go? Sadly, I can answer that.... work. I think I work waaaay too much. As a matter of fact, I know I work too much. My friends back home cannot believe my outrageous work schedule. Sometimes I can't believe it myself. We're talking 9:30PM to 9PM/10PM M-F.)
6. I am now hosting a women's small group for church at my home on Tuesday nights. It's wonderful because I get to spend uninterrupted time with friends, sharing our experience and growing in our walk in Christ. It's been going for one month and has already become a very important part of my week. A great group of women!
7. I've returned to the gym after a 6-month "wedding planning" hiatus. Boy does it feel good to be back in the gym!!! I was just telling G last night, "The gym really improves my mental stability!" Trust me, it really does. (Sadly, it doesn't improve my eye for blogging typos!) I've been on an emotional roller coaster over the past few months with all of the planning and whatnot.... Sheesh!!
8. Planning to update the side columns with much needed new information, blogs, links and whatnot. Regarding the actual content of my blog I'd like to know, what type of information would you find useful?