My apologies for the month+ delay in follow-up my dear readers-- but I have such a wonderful excuse!! As you are already aware, I am engaged to be married, to the most wonderful man and a sista has been pretty busy!
So much has happened since my last post and unfortunately this will be a quickie, but here's a recap....
1. Met the parents-- Yep, traveled to Oregon to meet my sweetie's sweet family. I felt so welcome and a part of the family. It was pretty cool! (that place is rainy!!)
2. Met my parents-- That's right, he met my parents and brother and they LOVED him! I had not doubt in my mind, but it was great confirmation :). And yes, he asked my parents for permission.
3. I said 'YES'!-- Many tears and 5 minutes later-- (you would think the tears and smiles are a good indication of YES, but they have to hear it!)
4. I am Engaged to be married to my darlin'! (Yeah, a picture if forthcoming-- I kind of like the suspense)
5. Moved into a new place (only 5 minutes away from Tokyo Midtown!)
6. Gave my parents my old laptop (to make room for a new one, but haven't gotten around to purchasing a new one...)
7. I am planning a wedding-- and for about a week, I was sick of hearing the 'w' word. But, I've finally confirmed a location-- We're getting married in Hawaii. :) Here's a nice laugh for you.
8. I was contacted by CNN, who was curious about what it's like to be a "Sista in Tokyo" :)-- More on that later!
9. I went clubbing for the first time in almost a year-- felt like an old lady because I became sleepy at 1AM and left.
10. I have been reading a ton of new books-- put a shelf on the right just in case you're curious of the titles. Highly Recommend "Every Woman's Battle". (I don't have a TV anymore)
11. Taking Spiritual Inventory-- Took Journey to Freedom @ Tokyo Baptist and for the past six weeks have been on a spiritual journey to make myself more aware of anger, lust, pride and some other matters of the heart.