"Woke up Sunday Morning, got a little bad news today..."- No I didn't really, but the song popped in my head when I was thinking of a title. Remember the cute group from Atlanta 'MISTA'? Anyway, indeed, time is slowly teeing away... In about 3 weeks this sista in tokyo will no longer be in Tokyo... but in DC and then in Alabama for Christmas.
So, I realized I haven't said anything good about being here in a while... So, I have devoted this post to doing just that.
WHAT I LIKE ABOUT JAPAN...
1. Japan is the land of cuteness! Everything is just cute! From the tiny and shiney cars (that are always clean) to the cute little uniforms some elementary school students wear to school, it's just too cute!
2. Miso Soup! Man, miso soup has become a permanent part of my diet here and will remain even when I return to the U.S.
3. Fashion! But, let me preface this one. I am not talking about the 80s look that seems to be the ish here! I see tights worn with skirts, hammer pants, etc. No, not that fashion. The other cute, sophisticated, and sexy fashion here! And, it's all MY size!!!! From shoes to underwear, it's all my size! (sigh.... wow) (But, i can never find my size on the sale rack... only mediums and large.. that really sucks)
4. Origami. (laughing) a little unexpected, but indeed, I am a fan of origami. It's a great way to pass time in class when the teacher is boring and it's always nice to see the results of your labor look soooo cute!
5. Japanese Hip-Hop! (laughing) unexpected as well, but I have heard a lot of songs that I am just like... "I don't know what he's saying, but this song is hot!" I will be sure to bring my music back to share with all who want to listen!
6. Kimonos. To me, kimonos represent an aspect of femininity that was unrealized before I came here. The fact that most come in one size and are wrapped, tucked, and folded to tailor your figure... Kimonos are beautiful, the art is amazing on them! (They are horribly expensive though, so I definitely won't be bring any of those back)
7. GPS systems in cars. All cars don't have them, but many do, and I just adore them! Next car I buy (hehehe) GPS all the way!
8. Safety. Wow, I feel so safe here. In fact, so safe that I'm probably going to be really paranoid when I return to the U.S. Things are just safe, even at 1AM in the moring walking down a dark street. (No ma, I didn't actually do it :)...)
9. Cleanliness. It's definitely cleaner than DC. Decatur? Yep. Well, of course certain parts. In the neighborhood where I am staying it's always nice to see shopkeepers open their shops and pic up around their area. It's just nice.
10. My host family. Yeah, yeah, yeah... I know, I have coomplained about them for the past 5 post! So! They are still like family :) And i't because of them that I have examined my views on being a housewife and raising children.
MORE TO COME....
Oh!! Happy Thanksgivings! No thanksgiving dinner for me, but, that's ok! My birthday is on the 4th of December, in case you want to send me a birthday smile across the miles! Can you believe it? I will be 23! 23!! Wow!!!